Location: LAMPS Kidlington
Contract Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
As the public face of the company, the Sales Consultant is responsible for providing and maintaining excellent customer relationships. To ensure order satisfaction and provide pricing quotes to be competitive to win the order whilst mindful of company GP targets.
Strong communication and customer service skills are imperative to provide the service to the customer that the company has built its reputation on. Coordinating with other departments will also be required to be successful.
To be a successful Sales Consultant, you should have excellent organisational, administrative and problem-solving skills. You should also possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
An extremely successful Sales Consultant will improve the company's bottom line and will identify sales opportunities to increase turnover. They will nurture and improve the customer experience by building business relationships and delivering on every aspect of the sale.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handling incoming phone calls, emails and messages from customers and resolving any queries.
- Handling orders by phone, email, messaging or face to face and checking and inputting orders into the system that reflect accuracy with the correct pricing, discounts and order items and any customer requested requirements. To follow through the whole order, keeping the customer up to date with any issues and making sure the whole order is delivered on time.
- Provide quotations to the customer in a quick and timely manner and to follow up the quotations to maximise the conversion rate into a sale and communicate any feedback to the Branch Manager.
- Keeping the customer up to date and promoting all company special offers, events, new stocked product lines, latest innovative products and training seminars.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure sales, marketing, queries and deliveries are handled efficiently.
- Making the company’s products, service and USP’s as attractive as possible to potential customers.
- Recognising sales opportunities in upselling, add on sales, potential new accounts and communicating all this with the local Branch Manager.
- Maintain and merchandise sales counters, refreshing displays regularly to maximise sales and impulse buys.
- Smart & Professional appearance and approach.
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills.
- The ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- To be able to adapt persona, whilst maintaining professionalism to different challenging situations.
- Current and ongoing knowledge of industry trends, products and regulations.
- Willing to learn and adapt whilst working hard to complete daily tasks and always remaining positive in every aspect of the position.
- Available to work extended hours.